Here at Panacea we are so happy to share our love of vegetarian food with our guests, through three delicious veggie meals a day. As the weather begins to get a little chilly for many of our friends and followers to garden and or get fresh produce at local markets we invite you to get creative with indoor herb gardens as a source of delicious ingredients as well as positive health effects. Did you know that Oregano can help alleviate nervous headaches, colds, flu, colic and coughs? And Basil helps improve digestion, prevents gas and is also used as a mild nerve tonic? Parsley isn’t just for decoration either. It can be used to alleviate jaundice, asthma, rheumatism, kidney stones and helps freshen breath. All of these can easily be gown in a window box and along with being yummy and the other health benefits listed above, seeing the growth of green in your home, especially throughout the winter months, will helps brighten any day! So from the Panacea Family to yours, Happy Vegetarian Awareness Month! May we increase the awareness that vegetarian food is yummy and healthy!!
- Queens School Serving All-Vegetarian Meals Sees Student Progress (wnyc.org)
- Happy World Vegetarian Day! (treehugger.com)
- Food Pyramid for Vegetarians and Vegans (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Healthy Vegetarian Recipes (ireport.cnn.com)
- Happy World Vegetarian Day: Celebrate with these vegetarian foods and cookbooks (examiner.com)