We all know the benefits of doing yoga, and doing yoga in Costa Rica every morning is just fantastic. I want to talk about another way to stay healthy and have fun. Do you know the benefits of laughter? Here are some of them.
- Laughing lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces stress hormone levels; reduction of stress hormones in your body can result in higher immune system performance.
- It is a fun ab workout; the muscles in your stomach expand and contract when you laugh similar to when you do your ab work out.
- Improves cardiac health; so, if you don’t get a lot of physical activity spend some time laughing every day.
- Boosts T cells; T cells are specialized immune system cells just waiting in your body for activation.
- Triggers the release of endorphins; these are the body’s natural pain killers.
- Produces a general sense of wellbeing; if you feel good everything is better!
I hope when you have been at our yoga retreat in Costa Rica I have helped to make you laugh. I like to see people happy. We all know Mary’s yoga classes are the best yoga in Costa Rica. I hope that you have also received your daily dose of laughter while you have been at Panacea.
I know you are all keeping up what you learned while at Panacea. Now add to that your daily dose of healthy laughter.